Friday, 22 June 2012

☯ Fashion Trend: Pastel Goth + Kawaii ☯ || (+Wear to buy)

So I found out about Pastel Goth and Kawaii Fashion on Tumblr. Only because I don't see it around Dublin City. We are still trying to let the scene kids go extinct over here. I have to say I love this trend, I love Pastel Hair and all the accessories that go with it. Its bright, its cute and its easy enough to shop and find clothing to fit into this style of dress. A lot of celebrities have been rocking the Pastel Style
Click Read More.

Left to right: Audrey Kitching, Kelly Osbourne, Charlotte Free
This style I feel is hated alot on just like Nu Goth which I'll be posting about soon in this series of posts I'm doing about my favorite fashion trends. It showed up a while ago and I thought it would die down, like how the whole hipster thing was big not to long ago. But nope its sticking around.
I like how Kawaii has fused with it, and it isn't the stereotypical Kawaii style which can go with a lot of Japanese street fashion like Lolita. But the street fashion over there is so creative, and bold.
Its full of tye dye, studdened shorts, ombre shorts, awesome prints on tshirts or jumpers, and galaxy print is all over the pastel goth/ kawaii fashion trend. My Favorite has to be the mix of spike and studs with flowers and bows, very cool. I need to get my hands on some creepers too, I know a lot of people hate them but I like them, I want either a white and black pair or just plan black studded ones I think I'll order from Mr Shoe. You can check out the website here.

There are a lot of cameos used in this trend, platform converse, aliens, ying and yang and elements of pure goth fashion as vampire inspired jewelry and crosses are all over it too. Ombre and dying your shorts are really simple I used to do it all the time. Don't go out and pay €50 for a pair of dyed shorts in Topshop you can easily do your own!
Pastel Hair is amazing and I wish I had it. I can't have it in school and I'm trying to find a job at the moment so I have to settle with the red hair I have, its as vibrant as I can go for now. Audrey Kitching, A model designer and blogger has been rocking dyed pink hair and pastel hair for a long time before trend came out. She seems to rock all the trends in her own way and as been one of my fashion idols since I was fourteen! 

There are a bunch of online stores where you can get great accessories to match this trend and I'll let you know about some of my favorites! I'm either purchased from these stores or are planning to do so.


First up we have a store called Rot and Roll and all their stuff is right up my street, this is the kind of stuff i love finding online because it is affordable and so cute and it all fits in the trends that I love. It is an Etsy store run by a girl called Vicki. A lot of this stuff would fit into other fashions styles and not just Pastel Goth and Kawaii. I love this store and hope to purchase from it soon!
Rot and Roll Link

Pink Sugar Shopp that is run by a girl called Nathalie. Its a US based Etsy store and she makes the most adorable bows and ear rings. I have to say I wanted the Frankenstein and Bride of for so long I just Don't have the money to purchase them. They cameo ear rings are just part of her cute stock which has bows and sailor moon shirts too.



Next we have a Big Cartel Store based in The UK run by a girl called Charlie. Its called Lilac Pistol and it makes adorable Kawaii jewelry. Her Hello Kitty Bow rings and vampire fangs necklace fangs have to be my favorite pieces. A friend of mine ordered a ring for me to as a gift. She has some great stock like Ying Yang necklaces and other Hello Kitty bits. Its really affordable too!

Next is another Big Cartel store that will feature again in my grunge fashion trend blog post. I'm not sure who runs this store but I believe it is a UK based store. Its stock is top quality and has a big range. This has to be my favorite of all the stores I have mentioned so far. I find myself needing to own everything in the store too. Everything is a decent price and very good for the stuff your getting you'd be playing top whack for stuff like this in Top Shop and Urban Outfitters.
Empty Casket Link

Here are some other Kawaii and Pastel Goth Stores.
Black Tulip Shop Link
MJxisme Link
blood Cross Link

23 comments:

  1. Love this post! :) xx


    http://2ndhandcinderella.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great jewelry! I love the cross necklaces!
    You have a new follower, hope you follow back xx

    http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of just got into the pastel goth/grunge type of stuff. Its a Latest Fashion Trends and I wanted to know if there were some good sites that sold clothing items or hair dye? I tried looking for sites/stores but I couldn't seem to find any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im writing a SHOP PASTEL GOTH / KAWAII FASHION blog. Up soon!

      Delete
  4. Thanks I have just started making a pastel goth/kawaii grunge jewellery range and could find hardly anything to compare and contrast with until this...thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this post! Pastel goth is really interesting!

    vamppiv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Also see my store!

    pastelgothprincess.storenvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! and really interesting to read some of the history behind the ideas. They are beautiful works of art even if the subject is a bit dark... looking forward to next time! Visit Medieval Jewelry

    ReplyDelete