Tuesday, 10 July 2012

♤ Updated Review: Alfaparf Milano Jean's Color in Chili Red & red hair maintenance and tips! ♤


Hi everyone. I'm back with a updated review on my current hair dye. My first review is also the most viewed post on my blog. Well as you can tell by the title I use Alfaparf Milano Jean's Color in Chili Red. I finally used up my bottle and I got five or six dyes out of it. It retails at €13 and you can get it at Terri Sales.


Image is blurred due to the fact when I was hacked I had to Google image search for the pictures.
Above are some pictures of my hair right before I dyed it, It had faded out to this colour. Like I said in my last review I used to leave it on for four minutes. Then when I finished up in school I  started leaving it in for thirty minutes and then I left it on today for an hour only because I was super busy and didn't wash it out on time. It is just as red after an hour when I leave it in for thirty minutes.
*My Faded Hair* Image is blurred due to the fact when I was hacked I had to Google image search for the pictures.
Honestly, after further use I decided I will not be repurchasing this hair dye. It just does not last long at all. I know read is a very hard colour to keep but My hair looses its redness after three washes and I quickly turn ginger. I think I'll try a box dye next time its cheaper and I've seen some good ones. Though I have to say I don't thing you will find a red dye that the staining on the skin and towel disappears so quickly like this one. Very easy to get it off the skin.
Image is blurred due to the fact when I was hacked I had to Google image search for the pictures.
Excuse me not wearing makeup here I really was not bothered to put any on because it was late. Though I'm so going to regret putting these pictures up tomorrow. No foundation or concealer. Gross. But as you an see here it turned out great! Nice and bright. It picks up better with a camera with a flash because the colour doesn't pick up well on my camera without it. The top is brighter than the bottom but only because the bottom didn't bleach out as bright as the top a few months back when I bleached my hair.
Image is blurred due to the fact when I was hacked I had to Google image search for the pictures.
As much as I like the colour when I dye it but it doesn't last well at all so I will not be repurchasing this. If you can afford to buy three or four bottles a month or have short hair and don't mind dying it so often then this is an excellent choice for you. I just don't have the patience for it all. Not to mention I'll be dying it brown at the end of august anyways for school.
I'd rate this dye 3/5.

My Tips for maintaining and dyeing red hair.
  • Wash your hair as little as possible, gross I know but this will make your hair dye last much longer.
  • Wash your hair with cold water and separately from your body. Hot water makes the dye fade faster and you want to cover your hair in a shower cap when washing your body. You want as little water on it as possible.
  • Shampoo as quick as possible. Don't lather it to much.
  • Apply vasoline around your forhead, ears and on the back of your neck to prevent the dye from staining your skin.
  • Dry shampoo is your best friend.
  • Even the sun dulls red hair so if its super sunny out maybe a few days out of the week just throw on a hat.
  • Use shampoo and conditioner designed for coloured hair.
  • Make sure your shampoo doesn't have sulfate in it.
  • Add a little bit of dye to your leave in conditioner when your colour is dulling but you don't want to re-dye your whole head.
Do you suggest any new hair dyes for me to purchase now that I'm on the look out for a new red dye? Or do you have any other maintenance tips for me? Be sure to let me know.

8 comments:

  1. amazing colour! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually so strange that you posted this because I started using this hair dye the day you made this post! Haha

    http://sophielouisebutler.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do a review on the purple dye soon! I tried bleaching my hair blonde even, and it still didnt work for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It did nothing for my hair but left purple blotches on my scalp. Very unimpressed!

      Delete
  4. I have three of the colours from this brand. Deep red, magenta and i have currently just brought chilli red. I am yet to try the chilli red though.
    Ive found these colours to be great! Maybe its just my hair but, they fade well. I wash my hair everyday and they manage to last a few weeks.
    I found KMS shampoo and conditioner (Colour vitality - the purple bottle)works great to help it last, along with a brand called fudge Shampoo and conditioners.
    Maybe you will have luck with fudge hair colours? They are small bottles, but are very bright also. For me i find they arent very good, but everyones hair is different i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips! My hair is purple but it faded after one wash, so Just brought some alfaparf purple and that is in at the moment, will try your tips so hopefully it stays longer! The red looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tips! My hair is purple but it faded after one wash, so Just brought some alfaparf purple and that is in at the moment, will try your tips so hopefully it stays longer! The red looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete